Growing Up is Optional




I created this card for Here Come the Boys Challenge #2 Sketch. I love the idea of having a challenge blog dedicated to the men and boys in our lives. I have always loved this image from Mo's Digital Pencil and finally decided to purchase it.

I colored it with Copics and sponged the edges of the picture with ColorBox Pigment Ink.  I tried to make railroad tracks down the side of the card.  They didn't quite come out as I envisioned them, but they'll do.





Copics:  B12, B14, B16, C1, C3, C5, E00, E02, E11, E25, E34, E35, E37,
              G14, G24, R14, R27, R37, Y13, YR18

7 comments:

  1. What a fab card! You've used an image by one of my favourite digital artists too! Like you I spent lots last week on Mo's Digis but I'm not sure I bought this one, may need to pay a visit and take some inspiration from your cool twist on my Sketch! Thank you for sharing with HCTB's Woo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the card. The tracks are genius. You have really come a long way since the first of the year. Your cards have always been lovely, but you are posting so much, that I can hardly keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love it!! what a fab, fun card :) and the way you have interpreted the sketch is brilliant!! thanks for joining us at Here Come the Boys :)
    Hugs
    Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane, your card is beautifully colored. I love and live by that sentiment LOL. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this is fab, very creative too! thanks for joining us at here come the boys, Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just LOVE this card Diane!! That image really pops because of your expert colouring and the layout... perfection! Your railway tracks add so much.. Great job! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog... Keep your cards coming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow I love this one, great card! Thanks for joining us at HCTB's challenge
    Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.

Almost done with March cards!

  I used an image from Mo's Digital Pencil.  She is colored with Copics, pencils and pastels.  This is the third time I attempted colori...