The Soda Shop

I thought this image from Digi Doodle Shop was really great.  I used to work in a soda shop as a teenager so it brought back memories.  This is for Digi Doodle Shop's Best Challenge #57 to work with a sketch (below),  The background paper is from October Afternoon.  The paper I used on the edges is great.  The sayings are so appropriate with the image.  I colored the image with copics and inked the edges with Colorbox Classic Pigment.  Dots were put on the dress with a white pen.  Come on and join our challenge and have some fun and you may win a gift certificate to Digi Doodle Shop!



Copics:  B000, B21, B34,B93, B95
C1, C3
E00, E02, E13, E15, E33, E97, E99
R20, R24, R29
Y15, Y17, Y31
W9


12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and fabulous colouring. hugs Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card - love how you have coloured her dress and the word borders are fab. Hugs Denise xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is fantastic. It really is vintage in looks. I also used to be a soda jerk. Your coloring and papers coordinate well together. Hugs, dj

    ReplyDelete
  4. One very fabulous looking card, love your colour choices and the dots on the dress finishes it off perfectly.
    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the perfect papers for this image, you did great putting them together. Your colouring of the image is super.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Diane. I love how you kept with a nastalgic look to it. Super job hun.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I finally caught up with my commenting. So many great cards. Sorry, I have been so remiss in letting you know how wonderful an artist I think you are.
    I love the added polka-a-dots!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect papers for this.The spots on her dress add to the '50's feel.Fab card.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. fantastic colouring and the papers and sentiment look great x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Diane, love all the spots too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is just wonderful! Love that paper and your take on the sketch is great too.
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is so sweet and its a fabby image too

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.

Almost done with March cards!

  I used an image from Mo's Digital Pencil.  She is colored with Copics, pencils and pastels.  This is the third time I attempted colori...