Ahoy Matey!



This was the first time I've done a monochromatic card.  When I saw that Mo's Digital Pencil's Challenge this week was to make a monochromatic card I almost said forget about entering this week.  I was very intimidated to try.  I figured I'd try anyway and if I hated it, I just wouldn't enter.  I ended up really pleased with the results.  I won't be afraid of doing this type of challenge again.  I chose the Captain Hugh image and it's coordinating background.  I kind of wish I had done the treasure chest also, but I figured I had already used enough brown.  I colored this with copics.  I had some really neat nautical paper in my stash that was ideal.  When I colored the parrot and the lens of the telescope they looked kind of bright against the rest of the card.  I took one of my lightest brown shades and colored over them  It dulled them down quite a bit.
I popped up the letters, Captain Hugh and the parrot on some pop-up dots.  I also found
a really neat feature in my Photo Impact Pro that I didn't know was there.
it is a feature called "lighting".  It looks to me like it's shining a light on just specific areas of my card.  I love it!  I will be using that feature again.  I just hope I can remember where I found it.

Copics: B000, B00, B14, E000, E00, E02, E04, E08, E09, E11, E13, E29, E31, E33, E34, E35, E37, E49, E50, E51, E57, E97, E99, G21, G24, G28, R05, Y08, Y11, YR04, YR12

I am also entering this card in the following challenges:

Make It Monday Challenge #35
CES Challenges Challenge #35 Favourite Color Combo
2 Sisters Challenge Blog Challenge #38 Distressing
Pattie's Creations Design Challenge #21 A Child's Theme
Here Come the Boys Challenge #1 Anything Goes
Tip Top Tuesday open Challenge
The Crazy Challenge Challenge #65 Cards for Men
Papertake Weekly Anything Goes
Stamp Something Use a Digi
Joyful Stamper Inspire Me Fridays-Anything Goes
Sentimental Sundays Anything Goes

18 comments:

  1. Ohmygoodness, this is STUNNING!!! What a gorgeous scene, perfectly embellished and I luuuurv that sentiment honey!

    Thx for sharing it with us at the Make It Monday linky party!

    Mary J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diane...I'm with you...monochromatic cards are HARD!! That's probably why they call it a "challenge" huh? But I discovered, I definitely like lots of color!! So glad you decided to go ahead and enter this week's challenge at Mo's. Your card is just amazing! I love it! Gorgeous coloring and papers! Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane you did a fabulous job.. I love how this all came together. It looks like you have mastered it.. Thanks for joining in at Mo's..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Diane! This is really wonderful! Love the sentiment "lenses". Really cool! Thanks so much for joining us at Mo's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic card! I love pirates! I love the card! Thanks for joining in the fun at Here Come The Boys. Woo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card! Love the little scene and the parrot perched on the corner. The sentiment is perfect, too. Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful card. I love your lovely image and how you play with the different details. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly Challenge.
    hugs Ula

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a fantastic card, love your design, thanks so much for joining us at HCTB, hope to see you again, Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pirate card, thank you for joining us at The Crazy Challenge this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a super cool card!
    Thank you for joining us at Sentimental Sundays ;) Don’t forget about our DT call and the 1st anniversary blog hop ;) Big hugs, Joanna x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute card! I love how you used our Child’s Birthday theme for this week’s challenge. Thanks for joining us this week at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge.
    Hugs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cool - it would be fabby in my talk like a pirate blog hop in september !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super, super card!! Fab colouring and image and your layout is brill! Thanks for joining us at CES challenges this week, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is fab. Loving the image and colouring.
    Thanks for joining us at our first challenge at Here Come The Boys, hope to see you again next time.
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great card. I love the pirate image. Thanks for joining us at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is amazing. I love the image and design and the pirate theme is fab. Thanks for joining our distressing theme challenge at 2 Sisters, and hope that you can join our "How Does Your Garden Grow" challenge out today. Good luck in the draw. Annette xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so awesome, that I cannot come up with anything to describe, how much talent you have.

    ReplyDelete
  18. fabulous pirate card.. too cute...
    thanks for playing along with us at Pattie's Creations... hugs Bev PC DT

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.

Almost done with March cards!

  I used an image from Mo's Digital Pencil.  She is colored with Copics, pencils and pastels.  This is the third time I attempted colori...