German Shepherd / Alsatian

 

 
This is one of my favorite images.  It is by Morgan Fitzsimons.  It is not available in her store right now, but may be soon, Creative Art Design Studio..  I colored the image with Luminance and Polychromos pencils.  I used a 3D Stampin' Up embossing folder for the background, called Old World Paper.  The paper was rather heavy and the folder had very deep crevices so I spritzed the paper before embossing it.  After I applied the paper to the card one corner started to un-stick.  I used glue to fix it.  After drying the glue spots were showing through the paper in that one area, and me being me and hating  to redo anything, I came up with a solution.  I dripped baby oil in spots around the edge of the card and rubbed it in well with a cloth.  I like the repair of my accident.  I will do that again to help age the look of my paper.  I remember seeing this image labeled Alsatian.  I assumed it was a German Shepherd.  I looked it up and it turns out that Alsatian is what it is called in France.  I learned something.


I am entering this card in the following challenges:
 
 Crafty Chefs/Facebook - Embossing/Coloring
Creative Fingers - Anything Goes 
Int'l Art & Soul - Furry Friends
Stamping Sensations - Animals, Birds& Bugs
Critter Crazy Challenge - Anything with a Critter Goes



 


12 comments:

  1. Great embossing and love your save what a great tip.Love the fabulous image and your colouring is amazing
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you did such a fabulous job with this Morgan's ArtWorld Image. Great Project. Nice work. Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, amazing job with the pencil colouring ♥
    Sorry I haven't been around recently, I just got back from a family visit to Wales, I'm trying to catch up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous colouring on that fab image, many thanks for joining in with our October theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! This dog looks amazing! I always love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fur coloring is fantastic! I'm not very good at coloring fur, but I try.
    Thank you for joining us at INAS.

    Hugs,
    Chriss - DT- International Art & Soul

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! That's awesome! I love this dog and I like the backgroundpaper! Very nice make!

    Thanks for playing along with our Challenge at Critter Crazy and good luck!

    Hugs and please come back soon!
    Doris
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
    *List Manager* Challenges for Days
    *DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2
    *GDT* stamps & fun = CREATIVITY

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely fabulous Diane. I LOVE this image, pencil coloured so beautifully. Your "fix" looks amazing btw. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic coloring here. So glad you joined the challenge at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge. Arlene, Guest Designer: https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful, Diane. I love you inspiration on how to fix the problem with the showing glue. Thank you for sharing.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Wow! This is a fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how you colored this piece! ❤️🐾
    Nicely done!
    Ivette

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.

Almost done with March cards!

  I used an image from Mo's Digital Pencil.  She is colored with Copics, pencils and pastels.  This is the third time I attempted colori...