Trees by Joyce Kilmer


 This card is made for a Guest Designer spot with The Outlawz Sunday Songs &  Rhymes.  The sponsor for this challenge is Wink Wink Ink.  I merged the tree image with the girl and robin.  Both images are from the sponsor.  I used Polychromos pencils and Copics to color the images.   The paper is from Stampin' Up.  Here is the poem we are supposed to use for inspiration.

         Trees

By Joyce Kilmer
 
I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.
A tree whose hungry mouth is pressed
Against the earth’s sweet flowing breast;
A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;
A tree that may in Summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;
Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.
Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.


 I am entering this card in the following challenges:



5 comments:

  1. Congrats on your GDT spot love the cute image and gorgeous purple bow
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great combination of images to create your scene and as always in awe of your colouring Diane. Congrats on being invited as GD at Outlawz :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just adorable, lovely coloring and image.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. A sweet card and very well suited to the rhyme! Live the purple in the background.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. More gorgeousness and your color choices are inspiring! Purple makes the green pop and vice versa. And...merge images? Wowzers, that's over my pay grade. Jealous! XOX

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.

Pretty Papers

  I found this card done on Pinterest.  I have had this paper for a while and didn't really know what to do with it.  I was in need of b...