Thin Blue Line Quilt for Gabriel



This is the quilt I made for my son-in-law Gabriel.  He recently has left the police force to work in another field.  I had been working on it forever.  Doing the star-field greatly intimidated me.  I finally finished it ten o'clock on Christmas Eve.  Most quilts I have seen use a fabric pre-printed with stars.  I decided to sew each individual star on.  My husband, Tom, designed the quilt and made a perfect star-field layout for me to trace so each star would have a perfect placement.  We plan on working on quilts together after his retirement.  He will do the designing and I will do the sewing.


This is the tag on the back. 
It was ordered from Etsy.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Diane, he looks like he loved the quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely brilliant design. A real keepsake. I have yet to finish any of the quilts that I started oh so many years ago. I look forward to seeing you next one . Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so stunning! I love that you are planning on doing these together and look forward to seeing some more that you make.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous work of art to be treasured Diane. You and your hubby are very talented. Pat K xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful gift for you son-in-law, beautiful work :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing!!! Wonderful precise sewing by you and to be together with your hubby is just a blessing in itself!!! Look forward to what you both create together for the new year! Stay well, many blessings always, XXOO

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.

Bluebird Birthday

  I am finally starting to work on my birthday cards.  I used an image from A Day for Daisies for this one.  I's colored with Copic mark...