Lighthouse Point

 

This is the first card that Tom and I have worked on together.  I did the die cutting and coloring of the water.  He did the lighting  We used two Stampin' Up Stamp sets, Lighthouse Point (Lighthouse and Rock) and Waves of Inspiration (Sea Gulls and Clouds.)  I unfortunately,  lost the small die for the under layer of the small cloud so I had to jury-rig it using cut pieces of the larger cloud. The bottom picture shows the lighthouse lit.  It is actually quite bright.  I didn't show the bottom of the card because I had paper clips putting pressure on the card so it would stay lit. To light it up you just need to push the "B" in Birthday.  My husband did a good job with the lighting.

We followed a You Tube video tutorial by Tina's Crafty Ink Spot.  Here is the link  Lighthouse Video  Tom actually changed the way it is done after making the first one.  He liked his way better.  We made seven of them.  I have lots of men on my birthday card list.


6 comments:

  1. Fabulous card love the lighthouse and brilliant idea having it light up-well done Tom
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is amazing card. I'm sure these cards will be keepers to every person who receives one of these special cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to have a spouse to share your crafts! Awesome lighting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome lighthouse card, love your ocean xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowzers, Diane! Y'all did great! I am always impressed with electrical MacGyvering and good job on the cloud save, too! It's a fabulous card! I hate when I lose a little piece, be it die or stamp, it's always the one I liked the most. A couple years ago I bought an expensive stamp and die set that included a stamp To My Honey in decorative font. Well, can't find it now and that sucks since I call my hubby Honey. Oh well, XOX

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job with that small cloud filling it in with the pieces from the larger one. That is brilliant! And I love the wonderful light house and lighting it up. Oh my goodness now I need to get a light house die so I can light it up. My grandma loved light houses and she loved them so much she was buried near one. Thank you for the fond memory and great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.

Jolly Snowmen 2

These digital images are by Deedle-Dee Doodles.They do not appear to be currently in business. The paper is from Stampin' Up.  It is col...