Christmas Wreath

 

This is my first Christmas card for 2022.  The new Christmas challenge at Splitcoast Stampers has started up again  I have committed to two cards per month.  It's quite a fun group if you are looking to get your cards done a little sooner this year.  January's theme is wreaths.


I chose an image from my collection of Power Poppy digis.  I have not used this one before.  I colored the image with Copic markers.  I surrounded it with a light brown pastel.  The difference between the green of the wreath and the white background seemed a little too stark. The brown eased the transition.  I used a crushed red paper that I absolutely love.  I bought it in several colors from Hobby Lobby about a year ago.

 

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes

Peace On Earth Christmas Challenge - Must be Christmas

Classic Design Challenge  - Anything Goes

Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog - Anything Goes

Colour Crazy Craft Challenge - Anything Coloring Goes

11 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful wreath and fabulous colouring,love the B.paper
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful wreath Diane. love depth of colouring. Yes time to get next years cards ready ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I see why you like the red pepper! My gosh, the coloring on the wreath is perfect. I feel for you home schooling. Too bad you can't line up a sub one day a week. Seriously I'm a little shocked as many people are quitting their jobs that you can't hire a temp sub . I know, become friends with the head of that at your local school district and she can send someone on their waiting list. Heehee kinda scary that could be done. Well, 4 more months and you will never make that mistake again, am I right? P.S. WHY is Anne Forte (sp) having everyone post to January over at the Xmas card challenge, even for themes different month???? I don't get that, guess I'll just message her. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, absolutely gorgeous and colored so beautifully too! Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
    Diane POE DT
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Peace On Earth}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another gorgeous card, Diane! I'm always in awe of your coloring skills! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW what a stunning card! Beautifully done!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth Christmas challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support on our new challenge adventure!!

    Darlene
    PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, love your colouring of the image. Thanks for joining 613 avenue Create. Aensha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, you are one card ahead of me! Smile! I wanted to try and start some Christmas cards early this year. I checked out Split Coast...trying to find the Christmas challene. Is it only for Fan club memebers?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! I guess Christmas is the never-ending holiday! Thanks for sharing your wonderful project with us at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! You were selected as a TOP ROCKER at 613 Avenue Create for the week of January 9-15, 2022! Thanks for inspiring us! Please stop by our blog and grab your Top Rocker Badge!

    The Design Team @613 Avenue Create

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.

Finished all my April cards in March!

  Here are all my April cards for Splitcoast Christmas Card Challenge.  The theme for April is Creatures.  All images are from Mo's Digi...