Holly Christmas Cards

 

These are my final three Holly themed cards for the Splitcoast Christmas Card Challenge for  the month of October.  I'm getting there.  Only eight cards to go and I will have completd the entire year's challenge.  I still have to complete the November Scraps challenge and the May Fun Fold Challenge.  I will get that fun folds done.  I'm leaving it for last because I'm still dreading it even with lots of suggestion, which I thank everyone for.

This card uses an image from Power Poppy that I have always loved.  It is colored with Copic markers.  The paper is a new Christmas paper from Stampin' Up.



This card is also from Power Poppy with paper from Stampin' Up.  It is colored with Copic markers and I have used lots of Stickles on it.



My final card for this challenge uses an image from Lily of the Valley.  I colored this with Luminance pencils.  I am not very pleased with how this one turned out.  I made it in the smallest card format, A2.  I have so much difficulty coloring that size card because my vision is really not good anymore.  Especially doing fine detail.  I usually wear very powerful readers, but on this size card they don't help a whole lot.  Arthritis in my hands also makes coloring on this size card difficult.  Oh well, getting old really stinks!

5 comments:

  1. All beautiful cards,love the Power Poppy image and beautifully coloured,love the cute little penguins too
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these are all so pretty, Diane! So glad to see you back in the groove! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous and GO GO GO! Love it! I got this lighted magnifier headband from Amazon and it helps me tremendously, no joke. Lightweight, too:
    https://www.amazon.com/YOCTOSUN-Magnifier-Rechargeable-Magnifying-Interchangeable/dp/B08N4NBJ8X/ref=sr_1_51?_encoding=UTF8&c=ts&dchild=1&keywords=Magnifiers&qid=1632896646&s=hpc&sr=1-51&ts_id=3776271
    I am not a big fan of fun folds either. I just made one that will be on my Oct.1 post. A plain old gatefold. I like them. I have some premade easel and step card bases I bought in a pack a few years ago. All you have to do is decorate them. If you want me to send you a couple different ones, just message me on Facecrack, lol. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Diane, especially the colouring. I can relate to colouring images for A2 cards..a challenge for sure. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diane, your cards are gorgeous. I love those Power Poppy images and you have colored them beautifully. Sorry about the small size and your struggles with it.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.

Finished all my April cards in March!

  Here are all my April cards for Splitcoast Christmas Card Challenge.  The theme for April is Creatures.  All images are from Mo's Digi...