Mama Mia

 

For the month of May the free image for The Outlawz Freebie Progressive Challenge is from Dr. Digi.  The image reminds me of me...ha ha.  It looks like me when I'm making a large number of pizzas. I don't do that too often now, usually just one or two at a time.  When my kids were growing up I usually made four pizzas a week.  Now I'm teaching my grandsons  how to make their own pizzas. You should see the condition of my kitchen when they are done.  There are more pizza ingredients on the floor than on the pizzas, but it's so much fun!

Funny story from the past.  One time, about twenty five years ago, I was making pizzas and my husband noticed a strange lemon smell coming from the oven.  It turned out that I had accidentally sprayed the pizza pan with lemon Pledge instead of cooking spray.  I had been using the pledge earlier in the day and left the can on the kitchen counter.  Boy, did that ever make the pizza stick.  I had to chip the pizza crust off the pan.  Needless to say, I had to make the pizzas all over again.  At least my kids got a good laugh out of it.  That was a dinner they will never forget.  Every once in a while when I am making pizza for them now they ask me if I'm using Pledge.

I colored this image with Copic markers.  The paper is from Stampin' Up.


I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Creative Fingers - Anything Goes  

Crafty Creations - Anything Goes

Creative Moments - Anything Goes

Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes


 

7 comments:

  1. Just a lovely card. So funny image. Thanks for joining us at Creative Fingers.
    DT Mari, my blog Ittetehty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story! I'm sitting here chuckling! Sounds like something I'd do, lol! You were really quick getting your card done and I love it. Your coloring is amazing and I love the die you used to cut the image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a fun card and OMG too funny, did the dough taste lemony :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story and one you will never live down lol love the fun image and die-cut frame
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great story Diane, and what a fabulous colored image and design.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not only loving that story, but your coloring is perfect as usual and very pretty to look at. Hoping you are feeling good now that you are home from your trip. Are you still having those extra issues due to Covid? Hope they have faded away! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute!
    Sorry for the late comment.
    Thank you for joining Creative Moments.
    Hugs from Africa!
    OlgaB

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.

Finished all my April cards in March!

  Here are all my April cards for Splitcoast Christmas Card Challenge.  The theme for April is Creatures.  All images are from Mo's Digi...