Splitcoast 2021 Christmas Card Challenge-January/Cardinals

 

This is a pre-colored image from Fred She Said.  I found it in one of my folders alreay printed off,  I thought it would be great for the January theme.?the "Merry Christmas" greeting was cut from foam.  It curves quite easily.


This card uses a stamp from CC Designs.  My husband bought me a full set of Faber Castell for Christmas.  What a difference between them and Prismacolor pencils.  The ?Faber Castell are oil based where as the Prismacolor are wax based.  The Faber pencils go on so smoothly!  I noticed that even sharpening them was greatly different.  It only takes about two turns in the sharpener to get a very fine point.  I have a lot of trouble sharpening my Prismacolor.  The leads always break.  Sometimes I feel like the entire pencil will be gone by the time it's sharp enough to use.  


This card uses a digi stamp by Power Poppy.  It is also colored with Faber Castell pencils.



This is an image that I have a stamp for.  Although, I have no idea who the manufacturer is.  I colored this with pencils.


Last one, finally!  I committed to four or five a month.  This image and sentiment is from an old Stampin' Up set. 

6 comments:

  1. such beautiful Cardinal images and so perfectly coloured.
    I'm waiting for my new pencils to arrive, I splurged and ordered Caran D'ache, I'll let you know how they are once I try them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Great info on the Faber Castell. I have Prismacolor pencils..maybe a time for change as your results are beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diane thank you for the lovely comment and thankfully I am feeling so much better fingers crossed.Good yo hear you are feeling better too my eldest son was convinced I had covid too even though my test was negative!!!Gorgeous selection of cards and love all the beautifully coloured images
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Diane! Glad that you are recovered enough to craft again. I love your cards. What a great idea to cut the sentiment from foam and then be able to curve it like you have. I just need to remember that.
    Your cardinal cards are so pretty. I saw one in the tree behind our RV yesterday and it was wonderful. First one I have been able to see so well.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diane, I am sillily sitting trying to choose a fave and that's really dumb, heck they all are. Clever girl for using the fun foam! So, your hubs got you Polychromos pencils? Those are indeed the best ones, yay! Dina at SCS swears by them. I buy a few at a time and I agree when I use them there's a diff! I mailed off your folders on Jan. 2 Sat. last, hoping you get them tomorrow, gosh! Let me know. XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  6. OHHHHH! And P.S. - the cardinal stamp you did not know, it looked so familiar to me like I had it too. I did, it's Sweet n Sassy. UR welcome! heehee XOX

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.

Pretty Papers

  I found this card done on Pinterest.  I have had this paper for a while and didn't really know what to do with it.  I was in need of b...