Stampin' Up Christmas Cards


I had bought this stamp set from Stampin' Up over a year ago, but never bought the dies so I didn't use it.  I finally bought it this month.  The frame and paper is also from Stampin' Up.  I colored the image with Faber Castell pencils.  I am in love with the way they color.

Boy, was this frame die and embossing set difficult to use.  I could not get the embossing to line up with the frame no matter what I tried.  I checked on You Tube and found what seemed to be a quick fix.  Not so!  It finally did fix my problem after about an hour of trying to get a mat in the correct spot on the embossing folder.  Geez.  Now it works fine.  I had to permanently attach a piece of cardstock to the embossing folder so that it would line up correctly each time.  Now I should be good to go.


This was my second card of the day using Stampin' Up Products.  We are in the middle of a snowstorm here in Northern Arizona.  I'm glad I have something to do!

4 comments:

  1. your cardinal is so regal and beautifully coloured, your second card is a great way to use that great DP.
    I'm glad you worked out how to match up your card and EF, don't your just hate it when something should be easy but becomes a nightmare :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these cards are beautiful, Diane. Your coloring on that cardinal is amazing. Glad you got the parts lined up.
    We also have a snow storm here at the moment. I even built a snowman lol. Pic on my Facebook.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards,dies,P.paper and love the beautifully coloured Cardinal
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, my friend in Scotland got snow too and I read Monica's comment - that's a pretty big north-south swath that got snow. And I'm sitting here 62 degrees. Oh I cannot tell you how much I love the cards. Especially the cardinal, you colored him perfectly. Everything seems to have a hack nowadays, good thing you figured out one for the folder. Happy you have the Polychromos pencils now, you color so well you deserve them! Enjoy your snow

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.

Finished all my April cards in March!

  Here are all my April cards for Splitcoast Christmas Card Challenge.  The theme for April is Creatures.  All images are from Mo's Digi...