Mardi Gras


 This card is for the Crash Your Stash challenge at The Outlawz, it's one of the few I enter the challenge instead as part of the Design Team. The current challenge is to use Texture Paste on a card.  You can't buy anything for the challenge, it must all be from your stash.  I had purchased two different types of Ranger Texture Pastes a while ago and never used them, of course.  The first one I used was transparent.  I tried it with a stencil and it was like a slightly thickened soup.  Needless to say it was all over the place, including under the stencil.  So I did what all crafters do, I went to YouTube to figure out how to use it.  Well, I found out the transparent was the wrong texture paste for what I wanted to do, but fortunately, I had also purchased the opaque.  The opaque was exactly what I needed.  I colored the texture paste with Brusho Crystal Colours.  Finally, success!  The image I used was from Cute as a Button.  That was also a previous purchase.  I colored the image with Copic markers.  I cut a thin shish kebab stick in half to make the rod and attached a crown charm to it.  I am amazed that I was actually able to complete this card.  I'm usually just a color and glue gun person.


 I am entering this card in the following challenges:
 
Cute as a Button - Anything Goes

 



 

 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this turned out beautifully. Wonderful colours for this cute image. It's always good to challenge ourselves and you did very well, I think it's fantastic. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for you! You are a mixed media artist now! You make me giggle because you always way too modest about your abilities. This is a fabulous card, love your colors and also how you used the paste. Plus, you had an oops with your paste and recovered beautifully, in my book that makes you my kinda artist! haha Security in numbers, we need to hang together. If I don't screw a card up somehow and have to figure out how to recover, I'm not winning! heehee Hope your pains are better. We got a cold front and am just waiting for mine to tell me about it! XOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really cute card! I have texture paste that I haven't used in a while...You have inspired me to try again. (and hope that my paste has not dried out...smile) My first couple of tries certainly didn't turn out as nice as yours has on this beautiful background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card and image beautifully coloured -love how you made the rod
    carol x

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.

Pa Rum Pum Pum Pum

   This is another favorite of my Mo's digital Pencil Christmas images.  This is my final card for the March Christmas Card challenge at...