Prescious Moments Nativity

 

I love this Precious Moments Nativity scene.  I colored the image with Copic markers.  I don't recall who the paper is from, but it is my absolute favorite paper to use on Christmas cards, it has blue and pink snowflakes on th back..  I used to have about ten sheets.  Now I am down to one and it is not produced any longer.  So disappointing!  

The nativity set that I own is actually a Precious Moments Nativity.  I spent years and years when I was much younger collecting the pieces.  I ended up having just about a full set., probably at least thirty pieces.  In 1990 after we moved to AZ I had a beautiful fireplace with a very large mantel.  That became the home every Christmas for my nativity set.  Probably, around the third of fourth year we lived here we had a mischievous little cat called Missy.  One night after I put the set up on the mantel, I was in the kitchen and starting hearing the sound of ceramics breaking.  I got there in time to see Missy walking along the mantel pushing the pieces off, one by one, onto the brick hearth below.  She broke Mary, one of the three wise men, one of the three camels  and a couple other pieces. In order to replace them I had to buy full sets if a one piece broke out of a set.  That was the last straw for Missy, who had always had an interest in breaking glass.  The next day she was gone.  I feel bad about it now, but that nativity set meant a lot to me.  I eventually replaced all the missing pieces.  Funny, now I no longer use it.  It just isn't my style, anymore.  Besides, we still have cats.

 

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Crafty Hazelnuts - Anything Christmas Goes

C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - Christmas 

Merry Little Christmas Challenge - Anything Goes


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge. Greetings Sylvia Hoekman-DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the gorgeous image and beautifully coloured -love the green bow too
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable! I used to have a bunch of Precious Moments figurines back in the day when they were so popular. Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have banished Missy too, hahaha. This is exactly why our cat is outside only, take it or leave it. She's a community cat anyway and she has never once made a move to come inside the house, the garage is another matter, lol. Very cute card, beautifully colored as always. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful image, every animal has their own personality. I'm just glad dogs can't get onto our mantle piece :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is why they are called Precious...Great job with your coloring. I still have a collection of precious Moments pieces. They're mostly tree ornaments. My Mother-in-law loved anything Precious Moments and for years I bought her a piece for every Christmas. After we lost her the set was given back to me...and they are on one of my shelves in the livingroom. I loved my mother-in-law...and they always make me think of her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is beautiful and that nativity scene really sweet. I am not a cat fan at all, I could not imagine that scene that day Missy threw those pieces down :-(
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a sweet card! Precious Moments take me back to Christmas past also. Thanks so much for joining us at CRAFT Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.

Jolly Snowmen 2

These digital images are by Deedle-Dee Doodles.They do not appear to be currently in business. The paper is from Stampin' Up.  It is col...