Saint Patrick's Day

 

The sponsor this month for Festive Fridays at The Outlawz is Jan's Digi Stamps. This is the first time in my life I actually wanted to make a St. Patrick's Day card.  I always was told I was Italian because my mom was once married to an Italian.  I never quite believed her story because my hair was light blonde and my skin is pale.  So, after I turned sixty I had a DNA test.  To my surprise I'm 50% Irish!  I am 0% Italian and the other 50% is pretty much made up of Scandinavian countries.  I have found probably fifty relatives from Finland.  Some I have actually had conversations with.  They were searching for relatives that had gone to the US in the forties and entered through Ellis Island.  I actually knew they had changed their name when they got here so he was finally able to trace them..

 I colored this image with Copic markers.  I made a big error, but tried to correct it.I colored the slots in on the horseshoe.  When I went to photograph it I realized that the nails go there so they have to be an open space.  A white pen and a black ballpoint seemed to correct it fairly well.


I am entering this card in the following challenges:


Jan's Digi Stamps - Anything Goes

As You Like It - Favorite Stamp

Crafty Challenges - Anything Goes

Crafty Sentiments Design - Anything Goes

Crafts Galore Encore - Anything Goes

QKR Stampede - Anything Goes


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and image beautifully coloured great save too.WOW well done on your DNA test and finding lost relarives
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful coloring and what a fun design.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and even better story. I'm so glad we now have ways of tracing our Ancestry. You have a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colouring Diane, so interesting to find out your real heritage. I'm Welsh so have never made a St Patrick's day card come to think of it I've never made a St David's day card :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Diane. Great that you were able to confirm your ancestry and not rely on information handed down. It makes me wonder how much mine is correct!
    Thank you for entering the Anything Goes Challenge at Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card and a beautifully coloured image.
    Thank you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore February Challenge “Anything Goes”. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diane, Good Luck! Great card. Thank you for showcasing "Lucky Charm" on your touching creation of ancestry and sharing it with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. You did a fabulous job. Stay safe and happy crafting!
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful, Diane! Love the grey and green combo. XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.

Jolly Snowmen 2

These digital images are by Deedle-Dee Doodles.They do not appear to be currently in business. The paper is from Stampin' Up.  It is col...