QKR Challenge - Include a Dog or Cat

This was a fun card to make.  The calico cat looks like my Ella.  My other is a gray tabby, but I decided to go with yellow.  The image and sentiment is available at QKR Stampede.

I colored this image with copics.  The paper is from my stash.

While I was making this card I heard some noise under my desk.  I knew it was a cat so I just ignored it. Well, I shouldn't have.  I have a large stack of drawers under the desk.  Lucy learned how to open them and pull out the ribbon I had neatly organized by color in several of the drawers.  She just sat there proud as can be with her achievement!

Interesting note.   I learned a few days ago that calico cats are only female because the color combo is carried on the female X genes.  Males with only one X gene cannot have that color combo.  Interesting.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Creative Knockouts  Make it Masculine
Creative Moments  Anything Goes/For the Boys
Little Red Wagon  Animal Antics

2 comments:

  1. Too cute and I simply adore the sentiment! It reminds me of something my parents would say - and probably me too! Cute little kitties and colored just great. Love the calico! I never knew that about calico cats and them being only female!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those crazy cats! They may have been in a scuffle, but they are still cute. Thanks for the cat info. Did you take a pic of Lucy

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.

Pa Rum Pum Pum Pum

   This is another favorite of my Mo's digital Pencil Christmas images.  This is my final card for the March Christmas Card challenge at...