Fun In the Sun


This is my Guest DT card for Wags 'n Whiskers Challenge #57 Summertime.  The image is from Wags 'n Whiskers, naturally.  This is the first time I have tried paper piecing.  I need to trim a little better, but other than that I really enjoyed this technique.  The papers, ribbon and flowers are ones I received in a Key Ingredient kit from Taylored Expressions.  I really need to keep track of the names of the papers that they send.  Right now I just throw then all in a basket so I have no idea who the manufacturers are.  The small red dotted paper was perfect for the bathing suit.  I colored her with Copic markers.  I used a Nestability die to cut the image out.

Copics:  B0000, B000, B00, B01, BO5, BG0000, BG000, BG11, BG13, C3,
              E00, E02, E31, E25, E29, R11, Y17, Y19

I am entering this in the following challenges:
Sparkle Forum Challenges  At the Beach
Aly's Sunday Sketch Kids
Ann's Creative Nook  Summer
Scrappy Frogs Challenge Blog  Simply Red
Craft You Passion Challenge  Paper Piecing
Anything Goes  Here Comes Summer
Papertake Weekly  Here Comes the Sun
Scrapbook Sisters Anything Goes
Amber's Crafts and Stuff  Dog Days of Summer
Craft Us Crazy Summer
Papercrafting Journey Anything Goes
My Sheri Crafts  Beach Theme
Sundays With Crissy Here Comes the Sun

14 comments:

  1. Diane this is lovely. The paper piecing looks great and I love that image.
    Hugs
    Denise xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love it. Love the paper piecing. Love the colors used. Way to go, Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous card! I love the colors and your paper piecing is great!Thanks for joining our challenge at Craft Your Passion this week.
    Tammy GDT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sweetie, this is gorgeous love your colours, thanks for playing at Sunday's with Crissy this time, hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another AMAZING card! LOVE it! Thanks for joining us again! Check out the new challenge saturday at My Sheri CRAFTS ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card what a great image, thank you for joining us at SFC this time good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is soooooo cool i love it and the image is great as well thanks for joining us at SFC good luck
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a darling card with a sweet image - so glad you linked up at Craft Us Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really cute card! Thanks for joining us at Craft us Crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Diane!! Thanks for playing along at the Nook this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such awesome and totally sweet card! Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Diane, lovely image! Thanks for taking part in the SFC xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMWord this is WAAAYYY to CUTE!!! Perfect fun in the sun card!!!! Like the 100% happy stamp :)
    Thanks for joining us at Sunday's with Crissy!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't you just LOVE this little cutie pie stamp? You have a great color combo going on too! Great work, thanks for sharing!
    Hugs
    Tammy Louise
    WNW

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.

Almost done with March cards!

  I used an image from Mo's Digital Pencil.  She is colored with Copics, pencils and pastels.  This is the third time I attempted colori...