Be Brave, Be Strong

This is my DT entry for My Time to Craft Challenge #158, "L" is for...  I chose this lion from Digi Doodle Shop.  I have always loved this image and was just waiting for something to use it for. The sentiment is from TLC Creations; I like it with this image.

This was one of those interesting coloring sessions.  I colored his mane first and added way too many reddish tones.  I went over it with the Copic O hoping to eliminate them.  I got rid of some, then I colored over them with a more brownish color.  Ah, live and learn.  I should have printed off another one, but I was in a hurry trying to get it finished on time.   I now have a very orangish maned lion.
The paper is from Graphic 45.  I used Copics to color the image.  The brad is from Stampin' Up.

Copics: E08, E09, E31, E33, E34, E35, E51, E53, W0. W1, W3, W5, Y23, YR12, YR14, YR30

I am entering this in the following challenges:

The Squirrel and the Fox Anything Goes
MamiDoodles All Creatures Great and Small
Cards for Men Anything but Square
Crazy Challenge  For Men Only
Stamp with Fun Anything Goes
Nettie G's  Anything Goes
Cardmadfairy's Digi Days Lots of Layers
Prairie Fairy Fridays Masculine
Creatalicious Challenges Anything Goes
Ladybug Crafts Ink Animals
Anything Goes  Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly Challenge  Creature Comforts
Scrap Creations Anything Goes

19 comments:

  1. Fantastic card you've made! =)
    Thanks for joining us at NettieG's Digital Gems!
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is simply gorgeous!!! your coloring is awesome!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card, lve the coloured image trace x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colour of his mane. It makes him look strong and regal. A great card. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Dianne - love how you have coloured the lion.
    Hugs
    Denise xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card love your colouring. Thanks for joining in at Cardmadfairy. Hugs Gillian.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is gorgeous and I love how you've colored the lion. He looks so real as if it was a photograph. Amazing! Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes. "Hugs" Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow fabulous image love him and your colouring. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous!! Love that beautiful brad!

    Thanks for playing along with us at "Prairie Fairy Fridays" and good luck! :D

    Hugz,
    xx Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job! LOVE the lion! Thanks for joining us at NettieG's!

    ~Ashley
    NettieG's DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now this card is magnificent. Your colouring of the lion is so lovely. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Cardmadfairy Digi Days.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Diane this is gorgeous...your colouring is beautiful. I love the simplicity of your card..the pp is fab! Thanks for joining in the fun at LCI this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card and I think his mane looks great! Thanks for joining in with us at Anything Goes K x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card Diane, it's a lovely image! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Actually, I love your coloring of the lion. I think it looks beautiful, and that is what I thought even before I read your post. You also picked a perfect sentiment for the image. Nice card! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Diane, lovely image and great colouring.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card, love the beautiful image. Thank you for joining us at Cards for Men, good luck with the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  18. That digistamp is gorgeous. Love your colouring too.

    Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge this week

    Lxx

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.

Almost done with March cards!

  I used an image from Mo's Digital Pencil.  She is colored with Copics, pencils and pastels.  This is the third time I attempted colori...