For My Husband


I absolutely fell in love with this image when I first saw it.  It's Significant Otter by Whimsy.  I made this card for my husband's birthday next week.  He doesn't look at my blog so he won't see it. 

 My husband has been absolutely amazing in helping me with the trauma I've been dealing with. He is right by my side and always seems to know when I am going to need him.  I am improving, but the restrictions are many. All in all, it's looking up.  I have a wonderful doctor now that lets me know the hard truth and I appreciate that.  Little by little, there is improvement and I know that I will heal.  God is watching over me.  

Hey, I can still make cards! I have a wonderful aunt that used to send a card to each and every family member every birthday and Christmas.  She is quite a bit older now and can no longer do that.  I have made a resolution to carry her kindness on.  I plan on making a birthday card for every family member, and mail them "on time."  I probably have at least seventy-five birthday cards in my stash, but sometimes I like to make a particular card for some relatives, something that will mean something special to them. I have tried before, but usually quit by February.  Wish me luck. I actually did all my January cards...and mailed them!





The image is colored with Copics.  The paper is from Stampin' Up.

Copics:

100, BG10, 11, 13, 15, C00, 0, 1, 2, E50, 51, 53, 55, 57, G03, 07
R00, 11, 43, 46, YG91, 93, 95


 
                                                                             
  I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Crafty Sentiments  - Anything Goes
Digi Choosday - Anything Goes
Lemon Shortbread - Anything Goes
A Place to Start - Anything Goes
Angie's Digital Stamps - Anything Goes
Dragonfly Dreams - Anything Goes
Stamping Sensations - Anything Goes
A Gem of a Challenge - Anything Goes
Di's Digi Designs - Celebrations
Brown Sugar - Anything Goes
Crafty Catz - Anything Goes
QKR Stampede - Anything Goes
2 Crafty Critter Crazies - Anything Goes with a Critter
A Bit More Time to Craft - Anything Goes
A Perfect Time to Craft - Anything Goes






17 comments:

  1. Diane, I'm sure your husband will love the card and know how much you appreciate him. I'm glad things are improving slowly.
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little fellow is coloured beautifully Diane and I'm sure you husband really appreciated his special card. Many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A special card for a special Husband. The image is gorgeous and you've coloured it beautifully, I love the depth of colour. Thank you for joining us in our 'Favourite Stamps' challenge at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, love the colouring too. Thankyou for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your coloring is amazing as always and that image really is irresistible! I think the layering is the elevating element for me, I love mixed geometrics! Great job, as always! Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place To Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah

    ReplyDelete
  6. very beautiful card, I love your image and the way you have highlighted it
    thanks for joining us at a place to start, hope to see you again soon
    Lady- a place to start DT member

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diane, I am so glad that you are seeing progress in your health. Your card is gorgeous! I love the sentiment too, what a fun play on words.
    All the best with your undertaking on sending out the cards.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore this image so much! What a really sweet sentiment to go with him too!! Fabulous coloring on your image! Thank you for sharing your creation for the 2 Crafty Critter Crazies challenge this month! HUGS, *Vicki* (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. (sorry, I leave my message as a comment because I didn't find contact form on your blog, hoping you'll see it soon.
    Please answer directly to my email address elise.amann(at)wanadoo.fr).

    Hello Diane !
    I'm writting an article for the issue 57 of the french magazine called "Passion cartes créatives".
    The subject is Carnival/Mardi Gras (disguises, costumes, masks, confetti...).
    I wish to show your card within this article.
    (seen here : http://ahlers5.blogspot.com/2012/05/for-nurse-sharla.html)
    Would you agree with that ?
    If yes, could you please send me as soon as possible high resolution photo of your creation without watermark on it ?
    Of course, your name or pen name if you want will appear next to the image, and the address of your blog will be in the address book.
    Thank you in advance for your quick answer, even if it is negative, so that I can get organized (I have to give my paper for tomorrow !).
    Best Regards, Elise AMANN
    PS : if you have other creations which could be great for this article, don't hesitate to send images of them to me, I'd be happy to share them with our readers. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, you have been chosen as a Rising Star at A Place To Start. Please stop by our blog to grab your badge!
    The Resident Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute, love the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Angie's Digital Stamps Anything Goes, no twist Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a great image and sentiment. Love the color combo.

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs for our Anything Goes challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just the cutest! Love the colours, love the sentiment and love your card!! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Diane, that is the cutest card, inside and out. I know he loved it. Great good luck with your card resolution. Hey, January's done, you are 1/12 of the way there! I just sent my last two off today, so that's what I told myself, lol. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is too adorable! Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

    Kyla DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love everything about this card. Thank you for joining in the Dragonfly Dreams challenge.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sweet!!! Thank-you so much for participating in our LEMON SHORTBREAD challenge. Hope to see your beautiful creations in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!! Sorry so late for commenting, but life has been a bit tough lately. I want to take a moment today to tell you that you are an awesome artist! Happy International Women’s Day!.
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.

Pa Rum Pum Pum Pum

   This is another favorite of my Mo's digital Pencil Christmas images.  This is my final card for the March Christmas Card challenge at...