Quilt for Karena





I just finished this quilt for my future daughter-in-law, Karena.  She and my son, Tim will be married June 4th.  I am so excited.  She is an artist and an art teacher.  As soon as I saw this fabric I knew I wanted to make a quilt for her.  It is supposed to resemble paint strokes.  The fabric is called Vincent VanGogh.  It was designed by the Vincent VanGogh Museum.  The quilt pattern I used was a freebie called "Gateway to Paradise."  I love the stained glass look of it.  It was a relatively quick quilt to put together thank goodness, especially since I am a beginner.  Although, there was a major learning curve in piecing the black strips.  My brain had a really tough time figuring those out!  Longarm quilting by Into the Night Quilting (Marsha Pennington.)  Next quilt I will be doing the quilting. 

Tim and Karena


Robert Kaufman Vincent VanGogh 2 Collection


 I didn't use all the colors in the jelly roll.  I wanted to stick to the brighter ones so it would look more like stained glass.




















Seems Oliver has made himself right at home.  Good thing she isn't allergic to cats!



Now on to finish the first quilt I started.  No more getting sidetracked!

5 comments:

  1. Diane, this is so beautiful! I know your future daughter in law will love it. It really does remind me of stained glass!!! So very pretty. This will be something she can treasure forever and ever.
    You son is very handsome and your future daughter in law is just beautiful! Have fun at that wedding!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous gift for your future daughter-in-law! I'm sure it will mean the world to her because she knows all the love & time that went into it. You do such a beautiful job nobody would ever believe you are a beginner!! It is just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is one of the prettiest quilts I've seen. My mother quilted and I know the hours that goes into making something as spectacular as this. Lucky DIL to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! I am not a needle and sew type of person and I do not own a sewing machine so this just amazes me!!!! Beautiful. Your son and future daughter-in-law are such a beautiful couple!! June wedding!!! Hubby and I were married 6/3/67 - so this is our 50th Wedding Anniversary - wishing your son and his wife all the best and blessed with 50+ happy years for them!!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. A work of art Diane. What a beautiful, thoughtful gift for your soon-to- be daughter in law. All the best to the handsome couple. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.

Finished all my April cards in March!

  Here are all my April cards for Splitcoast Christmas Card Challenge.  The theme for April is Creatures.  All images are from Mo's Digi...