Unusual Wedding Card and Baby Card

I made this card for two teachers that will be getting married in a few weeks.  They occasionally wear capes in the classroom to get the kids attention, hence the superhero wedding card.  Very different card, but suits them.  He is quite a character.  The images are from Mo's digital pencil and the digital papers were purchased on Etsy.  The images were colored with Copics.  I haven't made cards in so long.  It was like learning all over again!
I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Cards and More  Use Lots of Color
Cardz 4 Guyz   It's Hip to be Square
Creative Card Crew  Masculine
Inspiration Destination  Anything Goes



This card was made for a teacher at my school,  His wife is due to have a baby this week.  I chose this image because our school mascot is a dragon. I wanted the sentiment to say "Welcome Baby Dragon."  My husband didn't like that idea at all.  Once I brought it in to work they seemed to think that would have been a really cute sentiment.  Oh, well! The image is from Cuddly Buddy Crafts.  It was also colored with Copics.

I'll have to check later today to see if I can find any suitable challenges ,

10 comments:

  1. Great to see you making cards again Diane, two super fun makes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made a comeback with two pretty awesome cards. Both are "super" cute and I live how you've personalized them for the recipients. Well done! I can't wait to see what you make next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say that was an unusual wedding card but if you know the bride and groom well you probably know they will love it. thanks for joining us at the Creative Card Crews masculine challenge. Vicki DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both your cards. The wedding card is a really unusual idea and perfectly personalised, there can't be many superhero wedding cards around! Thanks for sharing at Cardz 4 Guyz
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Diane lovely to see you posting again thank you for joining us over on
    Inspiration Destination
    Dianne xx
    IDCB DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, Diane! I am so loving that wedding card! It's fantastic and funny! xx Thanks for sharing and joining us at Inspiration Destination Challenge Blog. Hope to see you play along with us at IDCB again and good luck in the draw!
    Ema
    IDCB Owner

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both just awesome cards, Diane! Love the wedding card, but I think the baby card really got to me. It is adorable (& I would have gone with the dragon sentiment too!) lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cards. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. a very great card thank you for participation on the challenge of cards and more. Margrit

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.

Almost done with March cards!

  I used an image from Mo's Digital Pencil.  She is colored with Copics, pencils and pastels.  This is the third time I attempted colori...