Frustration with Distressed Inks

My DH bought me a complete set of Distressed inks for either Mother's Day or our anniversary.  I can't recall which.  Either way, it was in May.  I tried many times to paint with them.  No matter what I did it looked awful.  Today Splitcoast came out with a tutorial and a video explaining how to paint with them.  I was really excited.  After I watched the video I was sure I would be able to do it.  Well, it's three images later and I give up.  Looks as crappy as the ones I originally did.  It was definitely not this difficult to learn to use Copics.  I'm sure I will try again after I get over my frustration, maybe in another two months.

4 comments:

  1. Have you ever visited PinkPuds? She does the most beautiful distressed ink. I watched a You Tube video and got all excited. After several attempts I had to give up too. Glad to have the company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have tried with a water colour pen but it kept flooding..i was advised to just use a paint brush as you don't use too much water..oh and use watercolour paper..still only tried it once tho!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I water color many of my creations with distress ink. I rub the pad on my craft sheet and use a water pen. I keep a paper towel close by the wipe the pen to get rid of the excess water and to change colors. It's just like using watercolors which are hard to use until you get use to them. I hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Diane, I do the same as Karenliz said above and it works fine for me. I hope you are happy with them soon, they are lovely inks (I have them all too!) xx

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.

Pa Rum Pum Pum Pum

   This is another favorite of my Mo's digital Pencil Christmas images.  This is my final card for the March Christmas Card challenge at...